Minggu, 03 Januari 2010

a Humble Christmas Tree


This year, after Christmas day, God reminded me about His lesson.
So, I got these verses about not to boast about myself but God alone. If it's about me then I should boast about my weaknesses....I concluded that from my bible reading for that evening, God wanted me to be humble.
I got a visit from my old friend. She is from Sulawesi and while she's here, she wanted to visit other old friends of hers. We went to mbak ayu and mas Joko's house. They live not far from SOlafide's place. When i was sitting at their living room, i saw a christmas tree standing at the corner of the room.As i looked at it, the top of the tree was kind of bending down. I was jokingly said to them, "wow you have a humble Christmas tree here...". The christmas tree was bending down because it is full of beautiful ornaments and lights. It was just so neat....
That christmas tree reminded me about the lesson from God the night before that I should be humble and boast about Him alone....We have this saying in Indonesia, that those who have mny qualities will be humble just like a good rice plant or just like a Christmas tree with many ornaments and lights....

I know it's a bit late but Merry Christmas everyone...

2 Cor 10:17
"Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

2 Cor 10:8
"For even if i boast somewhat freely about the authority the Lord gave us for building you up rather than pulling you down, i will not be ashamed of it."

2 Cor 11:30
"If i must boast, i will boast of the things that show my weakness."

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar