Kamis, 07 Januari 2010

he came back...

Another school year just started. It seems to me that yesterday was still summer break. It was my second summer break at school. Last year, I had this responsibility to take care of summer day camp and I had it again this year. It is like baby sitting program where the high school students can work as the counselors. We had this program for about three months. We planned fun activities for the kids like flying kites, face painting, cooking, making craft, watching movie, computer program, and many more. Some parents sent their kids to summer day camp because they need to go to the language center to study Indonesian language, other parents were hoping that their kids can practice their English, etc.
It was a pretty busy time for me when I work at the school. I was glad when it was finally the last day for summer day camp. And on that last day, one of the parents gave bracelets to each counselor and also to me. Other parents were saying thank you too but somehow I feel that hers really touched my heart. And then one of the counselors gave me a bookmark that she made by herself during art time and she left a note saying thank you for the opportunity to work as one of the counselors. At that time I thought wow…from all of the parents only one came and say thank you, and from all the counselors just one came to say thank you too. That reminds me of a story I read for Sunday School one day. It was about someone who suffered leprosy and he needed to live separately from the others so that they would not get it too. Apparently, he wasn’t the only one there were nine more people who got the same illness. One day, Jesus came to their town and they were so happy because Jesus could heal them and that what happened next. When Jesus came, He healed them. And Jesus told them to go back to their village and spread the news. Everybody ran to their own homes but there was one guy who came back and said thank you to Jesus for healing him.
I want to be the one who came back and say thank you……. How about you??

Ephesians 5:20
“Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar